Quality Assurance Manager
Bessemer Housing Authority
Position Description – Quality Assurance Manager
(May 26, 2021 – June 9, 2021)
Quality Assurance Manager
Deputy Executive Director
Central Office Cost Center
February 17, 2020
Manages data files by reviewing results from audit samples and computer reports to assure compliance with federal requirements and regulations. Receives and reviews allegations of fraud and program abuse. Investigates fraud by requesting information from respective agencies, to determine whether fraud has occurred and maintain written records of investigation and conclusions. Works with the Directors of Bessemer Housing Operations to achieve goals and prepare plans of action to achieve goals as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Conducts quality review and audit of client computer files and reports, etc., work on special projects as assigned, and provide information to supervisor.
- Perform systematic review of internal audit files and data to determine compliance with established policies and procedures, federal rules and regulations pertaining to the Admissions and Continued Occupancy and Tenant Selection plans.
- Review test of calculations for accuracy and determine whether appropriated resources were used.
- Compare file data to information in computer system.
- Generate computer reports to determine timeliness of staff actions.
- Review test of files for presences of required documentation.
- Review reporting data for accuracy of the number and nature of reported errors.
- Conduct surveys of internal departments to elicit information regarding customer service provided by the QA Department.
- Assist with special projects such as compiling special reviews, analysis, and reports.
Assist with conducting investigations to determine whether individuals have failed to provide accurate information to the Authority, to determine appropriate action based on investigation and associated files.
- Interview complainants to determine whether a fraud investigation should be initiated.
- Run data reports to compare income reported to other agencies and to the Authority.
- Review information and determine whether fraud has occurred.
- Prepare reports and documents associated with each investigation related to programs ran by the Authority.
- Prepare periodic status reports for supervisor.
Work with the Directors of Bessemer Housing Operations to determine level(s) of
performance in relation to goals and develop plans of action to achieve goals.
- Analyze performance of property managers in relation to goals to determine whether
- Assist with monitoring HUD – Multi-family (Section 8), Tax Credit updates, and notify
- Assist with developing plans of actions, in conjunction with the Bessemer Housing
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Review files submitted for informal reviews to ensure accuracy.
corrective action is needed.
staff of changes.
Operations to meet or exceed goals.
Required Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment
- Knowledge of HUD organizational regulations, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of Public Housing, Multi-family and Housing Choice Voucher program requirements
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, math, and vocabulary to prepare reports, documents, and calculate overpayments
- Knowledge of data collections, analysis methods, and related statistical methods
- Knowledge of basic computer operations and data entry
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to read, understand, and apply HUD organizational rules, policies, procedures, and instructions
- Ability to operate basic office equipment including computer, fax machine, telephone, coy machine, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees
- Ability to interact with the public, businesses, and other organizations in obtaining and providing information in a polite and efficient manner, both in person, and on the telephone
- Ability to use sound judgement to make decisions in accordance with established decisions and guidelines
- Ability to review files and reports to determine whether established procedures have been violated and to calculate any monetary errors
- Ability to analyze data and information, prepare complex reports, graphics, charts, and spreadsheets, to summarize findings
- Ability to use a computer to generate statistical and other reports
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with computer systems and resolve, or call contractor(s) for assistance
- Skilled in communicating with others
- Skilled in securing and verifying information
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field, plus 2 years of experience in management, particularly internal audit or quality assurance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in analyzing data and preparing variance reports preferred.
Other: Valid Driver’s License
Ability to be insured under the Authority’s vehicle policy
Ability to be covered under the Authority’s fidelity bond
Ability to travel, including overnight, when assigned