Senior Quality Assurance Specialist
Bessemer Housing Authority
Position Description – Senior Quality Assurance Specialist
(February 01, 2021 – February 15, 2021)
Senior Quality Assurance Specialist
Deputy Executive Director
Central Office Cost Center
February 17, 2020
Assist with ensuring the quality of client and data files by reviewing/auditing a sample of files and computer reports to assure compliance with federal requirements and regulations. Assist with receiving and reviewing allegations of fraud and program abuse. Assist with investigating fraud by requesting information from agencies, to determine whether fraud has occurred and maintain written records of investigation and conclusions. Work with the Directors of Bessemer Housing Operations to achieve goals and prepare plans of action to achieve goals as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct quality review and audit of client computer files and reports, etc., work on special projects as assigned, and provide information to supervisor.
- Perform systematic internal audit of files and data to determine compliance with established policies and procedures, federal rules and regulations, and the tenant selection plan.
- Review calculations for accuracy and determine whether appropriated resources were used.
- Compare file data to information in computer system.
- Generate computer reports to determine timeliness of staff actions.
- Review files for presences of required documentation.
- Prepare reports of the number and nature of errors.
- Conduct surveys of residents to elicit information regarding customer service provided by the Authority.
- Assist with special projects such as compiling special reviews, analysis, and reports.
9. Identify corrective action plan for erroneous files and review once corrections are completed.
Assist with conducting investigations to determine whether individuals have failed to provide accurate information to the Authority, to determine appropriate action based on investigation and associated files.
- Interview complainants to determine whether a fraud investigation should be initiated.
- Run data reports to compare income reported to other agencies and to the Authority.
- Review information and determine whether fraud has occurred.
- Prepare reports and documents associated with each investigation related to programs ran by the Authority.
- Prepare periodic status reports for supervisor.
Work with the Directors of Bessemer Housing Operations to determine level(s) of
performance in relation to goals and develop plans of action to achieve goals.
- Analyze performance of property managers in relation to goals to determine whether
- Assist with monitoring HUD – Multi-family (Section 8), Tax Credit updates, and notify
- Assist with developing plans of actions, in conjunction with the Bessemer Housing
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Review files submitted for informal reviews to ensure accuracy.
corrective action is needed.
staff of changes.
Operations to meet or exceed goals.
Required Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment
- Knowledge of HUD organizational regulations, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher program requirements
- Knowledge business English, spelling, math, and vocabulary to prepare reports, documents, and calculate overpayments
- Knowledge of data collections, analysis methods, and related statistical methods
- Knowledge of basic computer operations and data entry
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to read, understand, and apply HUD organizational rules, policies, procedures, and instructions
- Ability to operate basic office equipment including computer, fax machine, telephone, coy machine, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees
- Ability to interact with the public, businesses, and other organizations in obtaining and providing information in a polite and efficient manner, both in person, and on the telephone
- Ability to use sound judgement to make decisions in accordance with established decisions and guidelines
- Ability to review files and reports to determine whether established procedures have been violated and to calculate any monetary errors
- Ability to analyze data and information, prepare complex reports, graphics, charts, and spreadsheets, to summarize findings
- Ability to use a computer to generate statistical and other reports
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with computer systems and resolve, or call contractor(s) for assistance
- Skilled in communicating with others
- Skilled in securing and verifying information
Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, sociology, psychology, or related field, plus 3 years of experience in internal audit or quality assurance or an equivalent combination education and experience. Experience in analyzing data and preparing reports preferred.
Other: Valid Driver’s License
Ability to be insured under the Authority’s vehicle policy
Ability to be covered under the Authority’s fidelity bond
Ability to travel, including overnight, when assigned
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities of this job classification. All incumbents may not perform all the job duties listed, and some incumbents may perform some duties which are not listed. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description.